Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Kitchen- BEFORE and AFTERs

Lettuce get started...





Here's an aerial view of the kitchen lay out done in my highly professional architect program (Paint.)


BEFORE
AFTER
Three big moves occurred, they included; aligning the sink under the window, moving the dishwasher to the other side of the sink and moving the oven away from the side window.

This is the kitchen as of last week, definitely not styled or anything. If we were going to stay here forever I might be more likely to hang fun curtains and brainstorm neat art for the room, but I lack the time/energy for that cuteness right now. I pretty much told Zach the things I liked/wanted and he went to the stores and picked out the specifics (ex. I said subway tile, he picked the metallic version.) 




Our fridge, dishwasher and stove are all GE Cafe and were found on deep discount at Sherman's. The matching microwave was not on sale so we opted for the less expensive black one, knowing if it really bothered us we could change it down the line.








Zach seriously thought of everything with this kitchen. He is nothing if not overly-analytical and was constantly asking me how I would use things practical-wise and I was so pleased with how it all turned out. These extras are some of my favs:

Double decker silverware drawer...


Knife/cutting board drawer...


Rolling lower cabinets...




No comments: