Monday, May 28, 2012

Spice jars

My gma shadoan has been waiting to see how these turned out :)

-----

I knew in our new kitchen I would have some open shelves and not a ton of counter space so I decided I wanted to forgo the typical spice rack and find something cute that I could put on the shelves. My mom and grandma set out and helped me find these jars (Old Time Pottery) then I got to work on making them functional.


 They came with these colorful rubber rings but I saw that once they were removed they didn't compromise the seal so the spices would still stay fresh.


Then I eyeballed a certain level that I thought I could still fit a word on, taped it off and dipped the base in chalkboard paint. I let it dry right side up for a few hours, then upside down over night.


And... ta da!


(pardon my poor penmanship)




No comments: