Saturday, August 29, 2009

End of August happenings

Zach loves, loves, loves pies. We have an apple tree in the backyard so he decided to make apple pie a little bit ago. Reagan was his helpful assistant. They claimed the best apples were the higher ones...

I didn't get any pictures of the finished product, but I will say that it was completely gone by the end of the night.
This is a #1 Dad moment coming up. The other night after dinner we headed over to the school so I could work out and the boys could play in the gym. I ran around the track above the basketball courts and listened to the boys play with all the balls the storage room had to offer. After a while I went into the machine room to get a drink and cool down. I came back out to tell them I was done but couldn't find the boys anywhere. Then I see two uniformed officers walk across the gym. Knowing this had to involve my people in some way, I ran downstairs as fast as possible to see what happened. I walk in to see this...
Yes, he was locked in the cage. Zach on the outside and he in the inside. After getting closer to the scene I saw that they were campus safety officers, not actual popo (no offense to them, they were great and apparently responded very quickly to the call).  

School has officially taken over our lives again. My clinicals started two weeks ago and both of our school classes started with full force this last week. Reagan is at school 2.5 days a week and loves it. I'm warning ahead of time if my posts start to get few and far between. Oh also, we finally got into married housing so we'll be moving shortly as well! It's only about 500 feet from where we live now but it will technically be "on campus." And that's good for a bunch of boring reasons that I'll spare you the details of. We are super excited about the move but still, packing/moving sucks big time. 

Think that's about it for now, have a nice weekend!!

1 comment:

Nancy Face said...

Yum, apple pie! :)

I can't believe Reagan was in jail, tee hee! ;)

LOVE the picture at the top of your blog!