Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Un Anniversaire








So I was going to go back to 2nd grade and do one of those acrostic poems where you write a word/sentence for each letter of the person's name. When I sat down to type Zach's I realized the very first letter is a Z ... helloooo?? Where am I supposed to go with that. So I scratched that idea, instead I'll just ramble.

There are certain things that have rubbed off on Zach and I over time. For instance I now know what RBI, BP and ERA stands for. I also say the word "crap-ton" (meaning- a lot of something) and occasionally think someone is a "douche bag". I know gross, I'm not necessarily proud. If it weren't for Zach I would not have been enlightened on these words. Zach on the other hand can use the word "bob" in a sentence. For example "Did you know Gina cut her hair, she has a bob now". He also knows what a tankini is, a satchel and when Midol is appropriate. He has also learned the hard way, when not to tell me I need midol.
Zach's parents have done a great job with him. Thank you Kristi for teaching him to open doors for girls and to bring them flowers for no specific reason. Thank you Chris for teaching Zach to be Mr. Fix-it (I know that is still a work in progress) and for being such a good voice of reason for him.

Kinda interesting facts about the two of us (that most people already know)-

~ We have the same birthday: day, year, AND hospital... blah, blah, blah... I don't really find that interesting anymore.

~ Zach is WAY more organized than I am and he initiates all cleaning jobs.

~ He likes cookie dough ice cream, I like Oreo ice cream. We NEVER touch each other's ice cream, it is a very serious deal in our house.

~ When we were dating I would never call Zach unless he called me first. I had this thing where I refused to initiate a phone call because I thought it was the "gentleman" thing to do for him to call me. He was such a trooper and obliged all 6 years.

~ He really likes to surprise me. Every time he comes home from a baseball trip he calls to tell me he is very far away from home and then walks in the door while we are still on the phone! (note to self: why do you always fall for this???) One time for Valentine's day during our junior year, he surprised me and took me on a train to Chicago for the day. We sight saw, shopped, ate, and then went to a ballet that evening

~ Most couples think a vacation to the beach would be the perfect getaway. Although we do like the beach we both think it's far too sandy and salty and much prefer lakes and pools. Woohoo! I was so happy to discover I was not alone in this belief.

I am a firm believer that opposites attract. Extrovert, introvert. Talker, listener. Tall, short. Performs well under pressure, does not. Nurturer, nurteree. It could go on and on...

And here is where it all began!
Aww, how cute. I love you!!!

No comments: