Thursday, October 19, 2017

Josephine Mae is ONE today

Our forever baby is ONE. #butlikehow
Her party tricks include:
singing Barbara Ann by The Beach Boys (for real, her brothers sing this on loop.)
Taking four unassisted steps at a time.
This thing where while already smiling, she smiles even bigger and sort of scrunches her nose and kills us all dead.


Is it weird to love smelling your baby's breath while they sleep?

Here's a break down of her first year because ain't no body have time to go back and separate it all out. This is all according to the notes section of my phone. Also if I ever die and anyone has any questions regarding anything, all my important life thoughts, passwords and dates are in iNotes.

3 months
Reaches and actively plays with toys

4 months
Rolled back to front (before rolling back to front, apparently the more challenging of the rolls. Yeast rolls are what I find the most difficult.)
Found her feet
January 30th she laughed in her sleep and it made me cry.

5 months
Sits up
Laughs out loud (she smiles at nothing but is difficult to actually get to belly laugh)
First swim in the pool

6 months
Rocks on all fours
Goes from all four to sitting

7 months
Crawls

8 months
Waves
Claps
Crawled to me and said Mama (verified by three others!)

10 months
Can climb stairs
Standing/cruising along things
One and only tooth

9 months
apparently nothing because I don't have anything written down

11 months
Gives kisses

12 months
walks unassisted
one nap a day
weaned from nursing, takes whole milk from sippy
loves to feed other babies
loves books and dolls and food
says dog, dada, mama, more

Names include:
Jojo, Jo, Josie, Josie Mae, Jojo Mae, JoMae, Sissy, etc etc etc

 Birthday morning (the traditional candle in protein ball)





(Girl can be found carrying around a spare baby wipe at all times.)




I strugggggllled the day of her birthday. As evidenced by two friends bringing me Dr. Peppers. 







This is my favorite dress of hers of all time. It's navy, it has a peter pan collar. It's everything. Plus her little bunny shoes. 

My mom purchased the hat and tutu. I have yet to buy her one. I have realized now that I have a girl, I am not a tutu mom.




No comments: