Monday, May 11, 2015

Levi - 18 months

25 lbs 6 oz
32 1/4 inches
19 in head circumference 








He loves...
dogs
latching/unlatching buckles
fruit
putting on other people's shoes (but never his own)
playing outside
taking naps and going to bed at night (i'm being serious, 12pm-2pm and 7pm-7am, he gets his blankie and happily lays down)

'No' means absolutely nothing to him. I think he can do and understands a lot more than he lets on, he just chooses not to do what I ask. It reminds me a lot of Reagan. This, coupled with having zero fear, makes for a lot of dangerous/frustrating situations. I would call him uninhibited. I've lost track of the number of times I have found him on top of our kitchen counter turning the faucet on and off. He pushes kitchen chairs and stools around to get into drawers or punch the water and ice buttons on the fridge.

Right now he is super duper friendly, no fear of strangers. He loves to wave and smile at everyone.

He is not talking much, I made a list of his words to take for his 18 month appointment and I was nervous because the list wasn't very long and two of them were animal sounds! This is normal for 3rd children, I was told, because everyone talks for them. I've noticed a few new words since then too. Off the top of my head here are the ones I can remember; please, this, ball, drink, moo, woof, baby, hi, bye, shoes, mommy, daddy, yuck.... 

If it has been a while since you've taken a child to a well check up appointment then you might not remember that you strip them down to only their diaper to get weighed/measured and for a once over by their pediatrician. All of this would be well and good if Shep had not drawn on Levi's back the night before with a pen. Pen does not wash off immediately, FYI. So that was fun to nervously laugh off to the nurses and Dr. Emm.


1 comment: