Thursday, January 8, 2015

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Christmas Eve
We went to the Christmas eve service at church (which is childcare-less) and even though our feet were littered with raisins and paci's; we survived. It might be my favorite service of the whole year. It's mostly music with a short 10 minute sermon (and a little fake snow) but every year it becomes one of those moments where I wish I could freeze time and take an extra minute to look around at our family and friends... see how much they've grown and say an extra thank you for them. Afterwards Zach's side met at our house to celebrate Christmas.

I found these three amigos doing this (focus on Sof and Shep) while we waited for people to arrive. 

 Our house filled up quickly!

Baby Isaac (one week old) is missing and so is Luba's belly. I know Levi is holding a gun and looks deranged but it was the best we got.


Grandpa and Zach read to the boys before bed. Zach's book is blurry because he is a very theatrical story teller.

Christmas Day



This year, as a two and a half year old at Christmas, Shepherd was very into the first present he would open. Then was morally offended if we asked him to open another, repeating "No, THIS is my present! I no want that one. THIS is my present." So obviously he opened this toothbrush from his stocking and then wanted nothing else the rest of the morning.



Santa of 2015 copied my childhood Santa and attached yarn to one of the presents and made the kids trace the yarn throughout the house to find said present. It was the basketball hoop that OCD Santa made to match our "American Ninja Warrior" course in our basement.










Meiner Christmas

I only took one picture on my phone Christmas day and here she is. It is me trimming Zach's nails on our way to Pontiac and him being pissy about the job I was doing. I snip his skin once! Side note; I sent this picture to my friend that night while we were talking about our Christmas' and she sent me one back of her husband surprising her with a trip to DISNEY WORLD. #notnewlywedsanymore


I wish I would have taken more pictures at Grandma and Grandpa's but it was too crazy (crazy fun, as always.)






Whew! Done and done.

No comments: