Saturday, September 11, 2010

THIS is a special lady.




After Reagan was born we received a wonderful amount of help from everyone in our family, it was a huge blessing. When my maternity leave was up and I needed to go back to work Grandma Darlene graciously took care of Reagan for me during the day. I can't even begin to explain how nice it was to be able to leave this itty bitty 6 week old with some one who was kind and gentle, and on top of everything- family! I really don't remember Reagan ever being sick his first year of life, there were no other kids bringing in yuckies from their own houses or vying for her attention. (Honestly, it's good that he's in that kind of environment now because those are lessons he just needs to learn as a little person, but I couldn't imagine that for him when he was a wee wad.)

Can I even tell you how much she's taught me about patience through her example? No, I can't. Because I don't think I would do it justice. PATIENCE! Oh my, this women has mastered the hardest virtue alive! I've learned so much just by watching her interact with Reagan. She is just as kind and gentle with the bull Reagan is now, as she was with him when he was a teeny little one.

We took the picture above because of that toy magnet train and the stool below, both things Zach would play with when he was Reagan's age. Reagan made the train one day with Grandma Darlene and also insists on using that little stool as his chair whenever he's at her house.

No comments: