Thursday, October 30, 2008

Anniversary

A couple weeks ago we were making fun of my brother for celebrating his 1 year and 8 month anniversary with his girlfriend, I hope this post doesn't mean I'll be made fun of now... 

Today is the day Zach and I became a "couple"!! We just tried to count how many years it's been and Zach got 7 and I got 9?????? So you can do the math.
 
I'm pretty sure this is the first picture we ever took together. My locker-mate "Masharia," who liked to steal things from me and then make me pay her to get them back, lovingly took this picture. 

Okay, so here's how it all went down:

It was halloween and we had a basketball game after school that I had to cheer at. So I was wearing my cheerleading uniform but since it was halloween I also wore some fierce cat ears, very original. Anyway, the bell rang signaling the end of the school day, so I went to my locker to gather my things to head to the gym. Soon walked up Zach, in his basketball uniform, and
 asked me the ultimate 7th grade question, "Want to go out?"  --- ah, poetry to my ears. Then we walked the 50 yards, hand in hand, to the gym where we went our seperate ways. Him into the boys locker room and me into the girls'. Zach said he could hear the girls screaming from our locker room when I walked in and told them the "official" news. Oh, to be 12. Add some songs and dance it could be High School Musical! And that was that, the rest is history.

We were kids then, and sometimes I think we have grown up a lot since then, but most of the time I don't. For instance-
} Zach eats on average 3 to 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a day.
} He gets genuinely excited when I offer to make him cinnamon and sugar toast (and consumes   about 6 slices at a time. Last night he had 4 slices with dinner, and 4 slices as a 10 o'clock snack)
} He still tells me he loves me about 100 times a day.
} He is watching Scooby Doo right now, and Reagan is asleep.
} And I can still sometimes pass as a junior higher.

This was us then... 
And NOW!

(last week)

(This morning)
I love you!! 

1 comment:

emily said...

ahhh....i love it! you guys are the cutest couple ever!!!