Friday, September 1, 2017

First Days of School

Big 5th grader ovahh here
Mrs. Elston (retiring this year, Drew had her too!)




This kindergartener. My heart is melting while simultaneously beaming with pride. 
Mrs. Mandros (retiring this year)





Seriously! I can't get enough of him! I promise I didn't cry during drop-off until I turned to see another mom SOBBING. Like tears, streaming uncontrollably down her face. She goes "I know this is ridiculous, it's just so hard when it's the baby of the family." And then I realized I have to still do this two more times and the flood gates opened. It's not even that I'm sad they are leaving me all day, it's that they are discovering new parts about themselves in this small step of independence- setting off on this exciting journey where they will create memories that they will always look back on as things that shaped who they are later in life. It's like I have a front row seat to their memories. It's such a trippy/heart-aching realization.







Levi's first day of preschool. 






He goes 5 afternoons a week to Sugar Creek's Early Leaning Program (yeah! qualifying for speech.) We LOVE Mrs. Hitchens.

No comments: