Friday, August 29, 2014

Sylvan Lake 2014 - land



The boys caught a bunch of frogs/toads. Shepherd was surprisingly good at it. 


Evan brought his friend Alex this year and they made this trip SO FUN for the boys. Both Drew and Zach could not take time off of work to come and so I was very grateful that Evan and Alex were such good sports for the week.






I don't know if I've said it enough, or even if I could say it enough, but Reagan is just the best brother ever. Gush.




Reagan and my Dad funnily sporting matching swim trunks (who wore it best?)



iPhone pictures....


Let me just say this. The lake is the only place that would get me to drive 13 hours alone with my three kids. And I'll leave it at that. But not before I mention that by the time we pulled in to Normal (via the wrong exit by the way, the only wrong turn I took in 580 miles had to be within 2 miles of home,) Levi had eaten a bag of cheetos and been pants-less the last 5 hours...I let the boys eat ice cream in the car- no, no, just NO... and we had all apologized to one another many, many times for poor attitudes/voice raising. "Voice raising" is the kind term for yelling.

 Just a terrible place for morning walks. 



 I texted Debbie in the middle of the night that she was going to cut me bangs and like the supporter of rash-decisions she is, she trimmed away the very next morning. Zach has told me at least a handful of times since we've back how much he likes them.



The blurriness of the pictures above makes me crazy but in Zach's absence I tried to be a fun mom and do things like tubing with the boys. Reagan surfed most of the time (he rode faster/wilder with Evan and his friend) but Shep seriously loved the whole experience. Even when we fell in!

No comments: